Our Kaolin products are used in hundreds of applications. Let us help you find the exact Burgess Pigment product for your needs.Access Product Finder
Though we’re a small company at heart, our influence reaches all the corners of the earth. Explore the distributors of Burgess Pigment products here.Find Distributor
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER – SOUTHEAST
Burgess Pigment Company is seeking a proven sales leader for its southeastern territory. The individual in this home-based position will plan, implement, manage and report on the sales plans and objectives in line with the company’s strategies and goals. Burgess Pigment Company is a leading supplier of high-value kaolin clay that enhances the physical, mechanical, aesthetic, and/or electrical attributes in a wide range of commercial/industrial end-use applications. Our products are primarily used in interior and exterior paint & coatings, polymer, adhesive, cement/concrete, and ink applications.
The Regional Sales Manager will primarily:
• Direct/manage the sales efforts of manufacturer’s representatives and distribution companies operating within the assigned territory.
• Prospect for new business, conduct sales calls, and actively grow the territory. Initiate and follow up on sample and technical requests and communicate the results.
• Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
• Manage territory sales planning, forecasting, development, and performance of the sales territory; identify and recruit supporting technical and operational resources necessary to achieve objectives.
• Review, negotiate, implement, and manage pricing and contracts for direct, indirect, and distribution accounts.
• Represent the company at trade shows, conferences and customer events.
• Contribute to product development by capturing customer needs and defining the competitive landscape.
Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience as a proven sales leader with increasing accountability in chemical or minerals applications. Demonstrated experience as an effective leader and team player with ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers and internal team members is required. History of effective negotiating skills based on product/services value rather than price-based selling is required. Must be self-motivated/disciplined and able to work independently while managing time and resources to achieve personal and corporate goals. High level of fluency in the English language with professional written and verbal communication skills is required. Must have excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms. A Bachelor’s degree is required with an emphasis on mineral processing, process metallurgy, chemical engineering, or chemistry preferred.
Burgess Pigment Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k), profit sharing, and more. To be considered for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by clicking the recruiting email address below.